Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hello World...


“Here’s the song that we’re singing… c’mon get happy!”… I have never seen an episode of that show, however I remember hearing that song.

There’s so much going on that I haven’t been around to write anything, so I’m gonna spew some random thoughts and confessions. If this is at all interesting, enjoy. If it isn’t, sorry?

1. Midterms should no longer be called midterms, I vote they be called “Madness makers, impossible to retain so much information tests that have the power to make you stress beyond your understanding, stupid scantron #2 pencil needing make you wanna kick and scream like a baby, moronic tests that you can’t ace.” LOL

2. I wish people could understand that Jesus isn’t like his children who have represented him poorly. (Which, duh, we’re human, we all mess up.)

3. … I’ve recently learned stereotypes are impossible to break…

4. My friend Lesly is one of God’s greatest gifts in my life. She gave me a gift that melted my heart. I love her. (That’s us, I’m obviously the brunette. :)
5. Je souhaite que je parle couramment le français déjà.

6. I wish more people were vegetarians.

7. I had dinner with a close friend and her four kids, (who I am happy to call friends also) last Tuesday that gave me hope for parenting. These kids are such reflections of their parents, who are such reflections of the love and grace of Jesus that it makes me, wanna cry. I’ve never seen children represent such great upbringing. I am humbled to be on mission with this family. Valentines loves you.

8. I wish I knew people who wanted to appreciate jazz with me.

9. I know the battle isn’t over, but drawing my sword gets so tiresome.

10. I wanna hug everyone who sends post cards into post secret.

11. I have a friend who is raising four kids, and is loving her unbelieving husband in a way that I am sure, I am sure of this, L.G.G., that Jesus smiles when He watches you. Hugging you today, felt like home.

12. I want my philosophy professor to turn back to Jesus.

13. Today is one of my Pseudo-son’s birthdays. I’m way too young to be his mother, but I’ve been in his life since he was a kid (youth group). He’s in the Navy, at diving school. He’s busy training to swim 1000 meters in minutes, and I’m busy thanking the Lord for making him. He’s a superhero. You inspire me D.C.

14. I wonder if my dad will make it to the one-year mark.

15. Post-it’s genuinely, genuinely make me happy! (99¢ Store!)
16. I LOVE THIS WEATHER!! It makes me so joyful… and pensive.

17. When the Levees Broke makes me feel so stupid and horrible for being too young and unaware in 2005 to jump on the first Red Cross or Emergency Rescue plane to help! I love you New Orleans. I am so sorry… Thank you Spike Lee.

18. I think meeting and chatting with Charlotte Gerson, and Philip Petit would be amazing!

19. I think the Lord’s reply in Jonah 38-42 is the best way to talk myself out of growing cold and ignoring my Savior. It’s hard to believe, that we forget such unfailing love.

20. I’m sorry for being distant Lord. You’re consumed with me, and I am too. I want to be consumed with YOU.  






I'm listening to Nico sing "These Days" 

1 comment:

  1. I want to appreciate Jazz with you. <3

    Love you lots my beautiful sister

    ReplyDelete